Become a Member!
Support the Museum by becoming a member today!
The Museum of the Confederacy has two openings for a part time, seasonal Museum Education Specialist for its Appomattox, VA location.
Job Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
• Presenting hands on education programs to both adult and school groups.
• Assist the Education Manager with the planning and implementation of museum education programs.
• Guiding educational tours through the museum.
• Assist with museum special events as needed.
Required qualifications for this position include the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in History, Education, Museum Studies or related fields.
• Minimum of two years related experience in education, museums, cultural attractions or related areas.
• Superior communication skills- both written and verbal.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs on a regular basis with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours when required.
To apply for this position you must complete the Museum’s online application by clicking the link below. Online applications will be accepted through January 23, 2013. Only those candidates who apply online will be considered for these positions. NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE!