Become a Member!
Support the Museum by becoming a member today!
As a registered National Landmark, the White House of the Confederacy is one of the few historical buildings in downtown Richmond that has survived urban sprawl. As buildings continue to grow around the WHC, the need for constant cleaning, protection, and general preservation grows even greater.
The White House of the Confederacy served as the Executive Mansion for the Confederate States of America between 1861-1865. It was not only the war-time home for Jefferson Davis and his family, but stood as the hub of the social, political, and military action taking place during the Confederacy.
The White House iron fence campaign was finalized in 2008! Thanks to our generous members the Museum received $28,398.00, over our $25,000 goal!